Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oliver and October...

Our Sweet boy

Drum time at the Zoo...
Love the Black Bear sleeping in the tree behind...




Tally in her tumbling class ...







Some brotherly love..


Our drive up to the mountains to see the changing leaves...





Soo tired before we left the hospital
Mr. Magoo












Our big boy... Aricin was 5.14 and Tally was 6.6
This guy was 7.6 and 2 1/2 weeks early!
Grandma and Grandpa booked their flight a month in advance and happend to make it to the hospital 2 hours before he came out.
Oliver was born on my Maternal Grandpa's (Clovis Martinet) birthday which made it extra special
If the baby would have been a girl...
Liam got booted at the last minute when we decided we liked Oliver better.
So much for planning ahead... If it were a girl her middle name would have been Ruth.

Oh how life has been busy around here... Let me start with the labor story... So i had gone to my doctor on a monday and was dilated to 4.5 cm. The next day my parents were set to fly in so like any normal person i walked like crazy and told Aaron we should go to the hospital and see where we were at. We got there at around 9pm and I was only at 5.5cm. They had me walk around for about 40minutes (I decided to jog up and down the halls) and 40minutes later i was at about 7.5cm. My doctor broke my water and i still wasn't feeling the contractions so i kept walking and cruising the halls until i was about 8.5cm then i was feeling the contractions pretty good so i returned to the hospital bed. That was at about midnight and my parents arrived. An hour later at about 1am i started to have some pretty intense contractions for about 40minutes followed by about 10-15minutes of pushing and then he was here. The experience was great and it was great to do it drug free again. My dad stayed for 5 days and my mom stayed for 10- it was great to have them out here and spoiling all of us!

Oliver is now 3 weeks old and it's been a crazy last few weeks. At his 1 week appointment he dropped from 7.6lbs to 7.2- the doctor assured us this was normal- we returned a week later and he had dropped down to 7.1- at this point the doctor recommended we start supplementing formula. I was super bummed as i was able to breast feed Aricin and Tally successfully for their first year without having to supplement. More than anything though i just wanted him to gain weight so we did it. 4 days later we returned and he had gained 9oz and was up to 7.10- good news so the doctor said we could start taking him off the formula- we did and he became constipated. we returned a week later and he had lost another 3oz. - the doctor had me nurse him and then weighed him again and he didn't gain anything- to my shock i learned i wasn't producing much milk. The doctor recommended taking the supplement Fenugreek, pumping, and supplementing formula again. Through pumping i realized i was only producing about 1/2 oz per side per feeding, so... Oliver has become a formula fed baby. I'm a little bummed that i wasn't able to provide what he needed for whatever reason but i'm happy to report that 2 days later his weight was back up to 7.10- and he did end up pooping after 4 long days (which the doctor said is normal). I was freaking out the whole time but praise God the baby finally pooped :) Sleep was rough the first week or so as he was waking up every hour and half. I saw a report on the news saying that people that miss 6 or more hours of sleep a night are the equivalent to being legally intoxicated. I joked with Aaron that i had been legally intoxicated for the last two weeks without having had anything to drink. This last week has been better- he usually has one 4-5 hour stretch and then a couple 3 hour stretches at night- so i'm starting to feel like a normal person again.

Aricin and Talia have been doing great! They both adore their little brother. I think it's been nice for them to get out of the house- Aricin to pre school twice a week and Talia to tumbling on tuesdays. We also take lots of trips to the park now that the weather is still nice. Last weekend we got our first snow- Aricin woke up so excited and wanted to build a snow man. And as for me... I'm doing well, trying to figure out how to balance 3 and make sure everyone gets enough love and attention.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Aaron and Janay! So happy for baby #3! I have been following your blog for a while. Its great to see your life in action. I still remember the days where Janay you would bake our team cookies and buy us cool lipgloss. :) loong time ago, such FUN!

-Aly (Baker) WIlliams

Tyler said...

Congrats on Oliver!! He looks so great and yo guys look like such a great family!